The Forester's House (La Maison Forestière) 

On October 31st 1918, in a Forester's House in Pommereuil, Wilfred Owen wrote his final letter to his mother. Turner Prize nominee Simon Patterson has transformed this house into a white sculptured memorial to Owen and his poetry, which opened to the public on October 1st 2011.

Opening hours

Click here.

For more information (including opening hours outside of November) contact the Tourist Office at otlecateau@gmail.com or telephone: 03 27 84 10 94.  Alternatively call into the office at 9, Place du Commandant Richez 59360 Cateau Cambrésis.  http://www.tourisme-lecateau.fr/

See also: http://www.tourisme-lecateau.fr/rubrique-805.html

Free entry.

 

Inside the Forester's House

Inside the Forester's House

The opening

The Opening of the Forester's House

The Forester's House

The House from the road; the cellar is to the right

Peter Owen, Wilfred's nephew, in the "smoky cellar"

Watch a short film about the Forester's House.

Read and hear more information.

Read about the history of Owen's association with the Forester's House.