The Wilfred Owen Association has announced the winners of its International Poetry Competition, held to commemorate Wilfred Owen in this WW1 centenary year.
- First prize has been awarded to Alan Franks for his poem “The Manor”
- Second prize: Pamela Trudie Hodge for "Those Green-Thumbed Boys"
- Joint Third prize: Susan Davies for "The Mango Tree"
Pat Winslow for "Stroyka 501"
Young person’s prize
- Conor McKee for "The Miners"
- Peter Mumford for "Ein Unbekannter Deutscher Offizier"
Both poems are published here.
Alan Franks receiving his prize from Michael Longley
Press enquiries: please email WOA's Press Officer, Fiona MacDonald, at email@example.com